Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C.
• J.D., 2003
Rice University, Houston, TX
• B.S. Electrical Engineering, 1999
• B.A. Managerial Studies, 1999
• State Bar of California
• District of Columbia Bar
Michelle J. Correll
Michelle J. Correll is an accomplished trial lawyer whose practice focuses on business litigation and trust and estate litigation. Her clients include individuals, small and large businesses, and even other attorneys.
Prior to starting her own practice in 2011, Michelle honed her litigation skills at two of the nation’s largest and most respected law firms, Latham & Watkins and Quinn Emanuel.
In her spare time, Michelle does Ironman triathlons. She has completed seven Ironman races (Arizona, Lake Placid, Cozumel, Santa Rosa, Boulder, Wisconsin, and Florida). Her goal is to someday race in Ironman Kona.
Southern California Super Lawyer, 2016-2018
Southern California Rising Star, 2013-2015
Up-and-Coming 100: 2015 Southern California Rising Stars
Up-and-Coming 50: 2015 Women Southern California Rising Stars
- Prevailed at trial in an action by heirs to the estate of singer and songwriter Hank Ballard (“The Twist,” “Finger Poppin’ Time”) to remove the administrator of the estate
- Prevailed at trial for an architect in a lawsuit brought by a Los Angeles area gym alleging fraud, negligence, and breach of contract arising out of the architect’s work on the gym, and obtaining a verdict for the architect on his cross-claims against the gym for non-payment
- Obtained a unanimous jury verdict in favor of the plaintiff in a lawsuit regarding the ownership rights to an apartment building
- Successfully defended against an appeal of a court order upholding the enforceability of a settlement agreement
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of an attorney and law firm sued by a former client
- Obtained a patent infringement judgment against a manufacturer of pavers
- Obtained dismissal, pursuant to the California anti-SLAPP statute, of a lawsuit filed by a Santa Monica housing cooperative against one of its shareholders.
- Represented the plaintiff in the jury trial of a legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty case against the law firm of Holland & Knight LLP
- Represented a former executive of a Los Angeles real estate development company in lawsuits brought by the City of Los Angeles and City of Glendale alleging fraud in connection with the development of low-income housing
- Represented an aviation management company in a contract dispute with its client
- Represented a publicly traded, mobile payments company in a lawsuit arising out of its purchase of certain assets of a merchant services company
- Represented a recycler of construction debris in disputes with local municipalities
- Represented hotels accused of violating the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Represented business owners in disputes with their business partners
- Represented trustees, executors, administrators, and beneficiaries in disputes over decedents’ estates and trusts.